Dear Valued Patients, Friends, and Family,
We are excited to once again see you and your family once again now that we have reopened our office. We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Our new office protocols:
- Our office will communicate with you 24-48 hours prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment, if you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you
- When you arrive at the office, please stay in your car and call 541-686-1197 and we will let you know when your treatment room is ready for you.
- We have a hands-free hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use prior to entering the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- A staff member will greet you and review your health history
- The staff member will then take your temperature
- We will escort you to your treatment room and ask that you rinse with hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds
- At the end of your appointment, you will be given a form that describes the procedures that were completed during your appointment. You will take the form to the front desk where Sue or Rachel will assist you and make any needed follow up appointments for you at that time.
- There will be a hands-free hand sanitizer for you to use prior to leaving the office
- Please note that all appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We ask that you plan on not having family members come to the office with you to honor the social distancing guidelines so that we can reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We have invested in new PPE protocols and equipment to keep everyone safe
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Additionally, there will be very few chairs in the reception room in order to maintain social distancing.
- Sneeze guards on both counters of the front office.
- Sanitizing all operatories with a Hypochlorous fogger between patients.
- Staff will be wearing new PPE gowns and face shields.
- We have placed air purifiers with HEPA filters in every operatory and most rooms.
- We have humidifiers in every operatory and most rooms that will be releasing a hypochlorous mist.
- UV lights to disinfect each operatory.
- 4 mobile ADS extraoral air vacuum machines that will be used to remove aerosols in the dental operatory.
- Updated building HVAC system with HEPA filtering capabilities
- Use of rubber dams to reduce oral aerosols
- PUR VAC system to reduce oral aerosols
- Chairside High-speed evacuation to reduce oral aerosols
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office 541-686-1197 or visit our website at laceyfamilydentistry.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office soon.
Dr. Mike, Rachel, Sue, Stephanie, Sandy, Tara, and Katie